Friday, April 27, 2012

Who I was is still who I am.

ok, just getting started with this blog thing, but since I am up at 1 am, again, and I  thought I would share a few thoughts with the masses.
what is it like working with MS? Well, that question can read two ways, it could be about what it's like to deal with this monster motherfucker of a disease, or I could be writing about what it is like to try to focus on my stained glass, and pottery, and what sort of adaptations I have  had to make, to continue to be a productive unit.
my best friend, and mentor, is a guy who has me beat by a mile when it comes to raw natural talent, gentleness, and inner grace. That being said, when we are together, we are the rudest m----er f---ers you can find. It's just a natural way of expressing our natural dismay at this planet, the people and corporations who rape it, and my personal fight with the MS monster. Which I have compared to being face fucked by a monkey. (If this offends, please stop reading, cuz it's only going to go downhill from there). I can be rude crude and socially unacceptable, and I certainly have been known to revel in it, esp if it needs to be done, to shut up someone who "knows everything"
i was a bartender, and a "power-server" for about 20 yrs. Everything from The Strawberry Saloon, a salad buffet in a mall, to  CK, a strip joint in Pgh Pa, to Power server and main bar-bitch at Tari;s Cafe, in Berkeley Springs wv, my last job outside of the home studio that my husband runs.  I am lucky that my home is my studio, and that within reason, I can make my own schedule, as anyone w ms knows, we need lots of breaks, and so on, and most bosses and corporations dont want to take the time to discover your skills, and see that you are worth their  time.
Anyhoo, because of my special and blessed situation, I get to work here, and I have gotten lots of help from WV Dept of Rehab Services, and as I talk weith others in this sort of situation, I realize that lots oif folks dont know what's available to us, and I have a desire to help others, and help them to advocate for themselves, I'd like to hear from other in this sort of situation, especially if your computer skills could use a bit of brushing up, and  you r looking for local resources, etc.
I will help, if I casn, and I have a great hubby with every computer skill available, tg, and he answers any question I put his way. So, ask away, comment away, let me know topics you want to hear more about. If you r  looking for medical info, I am probably not your girl. The Wheelchair Kamikaze has all that covered. Go check him out, he's sharp as hell, and researches his treatment possibilities extensively. I am more of your go to rant girl. And I wanted to start ranting, and find a circle of like minded folks who want to share their stories Going off to try to crash agayn, but I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl...I'm excited to get to know you better. I remember that kickass girl when she was a kickass little girl. :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, you were a kickin it little girl, too, let's not forget. I am here, for all to drop in and see.

    ReplyDelete