Wednesday, October 2, 2013

this mornings test of this fucking laptop

 Mark:this is a test of the veronica broadcast system...i cannot find a fault in the keyboard...
Veronica: when veronica types she has to look at her fingers like a moron, but if she doesn't watch the screen the cursor jumps to  different places...
Ok, for anyone who is interessted in the saga of veronica and her old fucking laptop:
here's the story
My laptop is like a bajillion years old, it was top of the line when mark got it. (everything is top of the line when Mark gets it) Then 8 or 9 years later he needed a new laptop. So I inherited his old one. Works for me, all it needs to do is stream video and type coherently.
I am left handed, and I have MS. (mostly sucky) and when I type, I look at my hands, I never learned to touch type. The problem begins when I am typing one of my longer missives, if I don't watch the screen, my cursor will jump to a new location, and begin typing from the middle of another word. If I don't look up when I am in the middle f a rant, I could have this mixed jumble of letters like the one I posted a few daw ago, that appeared to be written by a gang of illiterate meth addicted primates, seriously.
So, we sat down this a.m. to look over the computer so that Mark could see what the problem was.
The first line of the blog is where Mark was typing stuff.
The second line is where I was typing, but it did not do what it usually does.
This is not surprising. Items that are not supposed to be sentient are in Mark's presence. I can try to starts a car with my key, to no avail. When a friend comes by to help me they also cannot start the car, so they deliver me to my doorstep, usually with errands, laundry, grocery in the back, unloaded from my defunct vehicle, and into theirs. When Mark arrives with a smug look on his face, the car starts.
Instantly.
Like there was no problem.
As if I hadn't tried to start it at least 5 times.
And so had said rescuer.
But when Mark comes along, the car starts instantly, as does anything that is not working in his absence.
But, I digress.
I have recently  gotten a samsung tablet. So has Mark (surprise surprise, take ME shopping for new technology, but everybody gets the new technology) But, no, really, I would not know all the things it could do if he had not gotten a like machine, I most;y use it as a kindle, I play scrabble games on it, I go check out facebook, listen to NPR, I do email om it, I blog, and oh cool, we can use it to stream movies wirelessly onto our flat screen.
I know it oes a thousand more things, but that' s enough for me.
I'm going to swtch to it now, as a matter of fact.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment